The Beeches; our newest care service has received a CQC Inspection rating of ‘Good’, the highest rating we are able to achieve for a new service.
The Beeches, located in the historic woodland of the Parkhaven estate in Maghull, is a state of the art residential and nursing service for people with dementia.
Inspectors came to The Beeches during December 2021, they checked the level of care provided to residents and as part of their inspection they also spoke to a selection of residents families about their experiences of the service The Beeches provides.
Some highlights from the report:
- “People received safe care and treatment. The environment was clean and well maintained. Infection prevention and control standards were robust.”
- “People were supported to have maximum choice and control of their lives and staff supported them in the least restrictive way possible and in their best interests”
- “Staff supported people in a kind, dignified and respectful way.”
- “Staff supported people to maintain their identity. Staff understood people’s needs and preferences. We observed people engaged in meaningful activities.”
Maggie O’Reilly, Operations Manager said: “I’m delighted that our beautiful new home The Beeches has received such a glowing report.
Our staff work incredibly hard to ensure the health and well-being of all our residents. At the Beeches we go above and beyond to support our residents and make life enjoyable and fulfilling.”
Families from The Beeches said:
- “The report is a lovely read and the use of quotes illustrates the strength of Parkhaven and its staff. Well done to all involved; to receive such a positive report at any time would be a great achievement to do so during the significant challenges staff have had to deal with is a credit to all. Big shout out to Maggie for her exemplary leadership.”
- “Great CQC outcome, but could it have been anything else?! Well done to one and all. Your time, love and dedication is recognised. And we all appreciate it.”